Default Colt SAA 1 of 250

Folks, a friend could use some guidance. My neighbor has asked for advice in selling a revolver left to him by his father. The item in question is a Limited Edition Buffalo Bill Historical Center Colt Single Action Army Revolver, 1 of 250. It's heavily engraved, finished in gold and silver, has probably rarely been removed from it's leather custom shop case and still has the factory security band on the trigger. From what I can gather, this is a fairly high-end collectable and would appeal to a rather specialized group of buyers. I'm not sure what direction to point him in . . . any suggestions?
    "They've took the fun out of running the race. You never see a campfire anywhere. There's never any time for visiting." - Joe Redington Sr., 1997

Maybe the best bet would be a auction site where it gets nation wide coverage. Might pick up pick up buyers all over the country.

Thanks joem. That's my dilemma. An internet auction site like Gunbroker is lower cost and certainly puts the item in front of a lot more people, but probably only a tiny percentage of are potential buyers. On the other hand, I would think a high end auction house like James Julia would attract a larger concentration of perspective buyers (and potentially a higher price) but the associated costs can be pretty high. Guess I'll just describe his options to him and leave it at that.
    "They've took the fun out of running the race. You never see a campfire anywhere. There's never any time for visiting." - Joe Redington Sr., 1997

If you want to search the internet, several have come up for sale at the larger auction houses. Commemoratives have a limited market, so an auction house would probably bring the most money even with their charge for selling it.