Default HXP M2 ball in wooden cases

A friend has asked if I wanted to dispose of any of my M2 ball since I cannot get out to shoot much anymore.
    What is the going rate for the old marked wooden cases from CMP of the cartoned HXP-70 ammo in sealed cans going for today?

I can't give you a direct answer duke123, but CMP's current "floor sweepings" are going for .68/round. The cartridges in spam cans should carry a premium, and the clips, bandoleers, and wooden cases themselves have become worth some $. A couple of cans currently on Gunbroker (without the wooden case) are listed for .86/round and .94/round plus substantial shipping. Others here should be able to give you a more specific estimate.
    "They've took the fun out of running the race. You never see a campfire anywhere. There's never any time for visiting." - Joe Redington Sr., 1997

duke123 UPDATE: I just found out that CMP is selling the spam cans containing 192 rounds of HXP in en bloc clips & bandoleers for $115 shipped. That works out to .60/round. I have no idea why the clipped HXP in bandoleers would be cheaper per round than the loose stuff, but my previous post is misleading.
    "They've took the fun out of running the race. You never see a campfire anywhere. There's never any time for visiting." - Joe Redington Sr., 1997

Thanks IditarodJoe. It does give me some idea. Back when, I planned to have a lot of "range time" but things change over time, as usual.
    That does not mean I'm disposing of everything. But, considering he's a new Garand owner, he does need some food.
    Thanks again.

I am like you, did a lot of shooting at club few years back. Still have large stock pile, including at least one case of HXP. Haven't shot any of my M1's for years now.
    Last edited by dave; 04-04-2016 at 06:24.
    You can never go home again.

I have 3 wood crates of Danish 30-06 in bandoliers and enblocs. I bought these from Sportsman years ago. This was considered prime ammo for the garand back then. Yes, I've set it aside for future shooting. 8-)

Well, I decided to let my friend have a crate and, after showing him the "going" rate", we agreed on .50/rd case included.
    That price was more than fair for me and he thought it was more than fair also.
    I believe, before he finishes that crate, he will have become fully infected with Garanditus, which we all know is incurable.
    Maj. Tom, I passed on the Danish back when it was available because I knew my wife would freak out if more ammo showed up
    It would have been nice to have some but.....
    Thanks all.
    Last edited by duke133; 04-11-2016 at 08:02.