Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Old times

Default Old times

Just for fun, I ramped back about fifty pages. I remember some of the names.
    Last edited by dryheat; 10-25-2021 at 07:12. Reason: one word
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Blog Entries

Go back 50 pages on the oher forums like the M1, M14 and reloading if you really want to see old timers and sage comments.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PWC View Post
    Go back 50 pages on the other forums like the M1, M14 and reloading if you really want to see old timers and sage comments.
    Last week I was on the shooters Forum when a moderator started talking about what happens to brass when formed, I suggested we think about it and then he suggested everyone knows. And then I suggested everyone knows but him, I believe he has thin skin.

F. Guffey

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fguffey View Post
    Last week I was on the shooters Forum when a moderator started talking about what happens to brass when formed, I suggested we think about it and then he suggested everyone knows. And then I suggested everyone knows but him, I believe he has thin skin.

F. Guffey
    which shooters forum?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    which shooters forum?
    You are saying this does not bother you? I do not believe it should be allowed on any forum. The same moderator accused me of Voodoo reloading, he accused me risking reloaders lives with my advice. 3 months later he starts a response with "No biggie, I have been doing it for years and then he does a cut and paste of my response on adjusting a press. He should feel more secure; I do not know what he is afraid of.

F. Guffey

Blog Entries

Guffy - once again you have taken a thread and steered it away from what it opened with discussing. How does your percieved insult comment about brass forming have anything to do with recognising old member posters that may only still lurk here, or may have moved on because they don't post now?
    Last edited by PWC; 11-30-2021 at 10:24.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fguffey View Post
    You are saying this does not bother you? I do not believe it should be allowed on any forum. The same moderator accused me of Voodoo reloading, he accused me risking reloaders lives with my advice. 3 months later he starts a response with "No biggie, I have been doing it for years and then he does a cut and paste of my response on adjusting a press. He should feel more secure; I do not know what he is afraid of.

F. Guffey
    I've not said that,

just curious what forum, (I'm on a handful, but not as many as you likely are)

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PWC View Post
    Guffy - once again you have taken a thread and steered it away from what it opened with discussing. How does your perceived insult comment about brass forming have anything to do with recognizing old member posters that may only still lurk here, or may have moved on because they don't post now?
    PWC, please forgive; still lurk here or moved on, I remember most of the members in Michigan moving on. I contacted two of them to find out what the problem was. T
    hey all pointed at a moderator that lived just north of Chicago and south of Wisconsin near the lake. I explained to them I would drop-in on him, he threatened some members with a law suit. I wanted to make sure he understood I was going to help the alienated members. In my opinion he had nothing going for him and he was too lazy to earn any respect so he tried to demand it.

I do not know how many pages ago all of this stuff took place; what I do know is I do not travel as much as I did back then.

F. Guffey

9. Default

I believe what set them off was their lack of knowledge about cleaning rods. As a bonus I thought I could help them with an improvement in cleaning rod patches; I believe I blew their minds when I tried to introduce an adjustable patch. I do not believe I was threatening their 'go to' status. I struggle with the ideal the cleaning rod does all of the muzzle tapering. I believe the user should take some of the responsibility. They had absolutely no interest in considering they were doing 'it' wrong.

F. Guffey

Blog Entries

Guffey, what ARE you talking about? You are the most eclectic thinker I know.
    Last edited by PWC; 12-02-2021 at 06:35.