1. Default Vintage Match Rifle question

Read the CMP rulebook and I'm not clear on one thing.

Is a refinished rifle 'as issued'? A rifle can be re-barreled and be 'as issued' but can the receiver be re finished?
    Last edited by barretcreek; 03-26-2016 at 10:34.

A refinished rifle is not an issue. The concern is that everyone be using rifles that equate with what would have been issues for service use. This serves to prevent someone from putting together a "super gun," i.e., a highly refined match rifle and then using it for such VMR match. To a degree this serves to keep such matches from being an equipment race. HTH. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Many rifles that came from the CMP (and the old DCM) were rebuilds that looked 'as new'. I have more then one.
    You can never go home again.

Blog Entries

Honestly, until you get in the top 10%, no one cares what has been done to the rifle.

Cosmetics don't matter unless you seal the stock with polyurethane
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur