Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawknj View Post
    If he turns the Gitmo detention over the Cubans he will be giving it to professionals who really know how to run prisons.
    Obama can't. It would take an act of Congress.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

Shooter5 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Griff Murphey View Post
    I have seen some reasonably recent photos showing Spanish warship wrecks. I think there is one cruiser hulk with a turret partway out of the water.
    That would be neat to see. I ve seen the aft end of the Prinz Eugen above the water at Kwajalein atoll. Just don t get too close...
    The NC state capitol grounds and the courthouse across the street from Pres Polk s house in Columbia TN have deck guns from the SpanAm war on display (iirc they are captured Spanish war trophies) and the Nauticus museum in Norfolk VA has a Spanish torpedo? on display from the naval battle at Santiago bay. Steubenville OH iirc? has a nice war memorial as well, and of course, Arlington has an excellent memorial which has some captured gun cannons.
    Last edited by Shooter5; 03-25-2016 at 10:09.

3. Default

Rear mast at Arlington-foremast is at Annapolis at Trident Point.

I am ready to go. Trying to be as respectful as this Jarhead can be. My Grandfather was there many times as a Shriner in the 40's. I am sure that was no disrespect to my Grandmother. I will never tell those stories, But I would go in a heart beat. I graduated from Plantation High and grew up in South Fl. It has always been a dream of mine.
    Semper Fi,
    Always have a place in South Fl
    Jim