Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Loaded up 150 rounds I shot last Sunday. Only a very slight problem with 11 of them and a trip back through the decap die no pin and they dropped in the case gauge perfectly. My problem has to be picking up range brass not fired in my gun. I guess I'll have to use my brass catcher better.

2. Default

joem...try your sized, empty cases in the gage BEFORE you load them, to see if it's resizing or crimping that's the problem. You might have to just discard cases that won't size correctly and not waste time, powder, bullet, and primer on them before you discover they won't fit in the chamber. also, check and make sure the bullets are the correct diameter. I've got some mis-sized bullets from MO Bullet. Make sure you've got correct OAL; if too deep, the base of the bullet will bulge the lower part of the case.

Dug some cases out of the scrap bucket. Used the tool to remove the bulge from cases. They fit the cases gauge perfectly. Next loading session I'll load a few up and see how they fit.

Well , I don't know if your buying the $80 or $95 a 1,000 bullets , but Precission Delta has real FMJs starting at $115 a 1,000 in 2,000 lot orders . I use their 230gr .45 @ $125 a 1,000 in my Colts , Thompsons , etc.
    Chris

5. Default

1. A case gauge is minimum SAAMI dimensions so the reloads will fit any pistol, that's why they tell you the best gauge is your barrel.
    2. The factory crimp die with the Lee 4 die pistol sets should not be used with cast bullets because the carbide ring will size cast bullets smaller.
    3. Range pickup brass is a fact of life with competitive shooters and many of them use the Lee bulge buster or Redding push through GRX sizing die.

The Glock bulge problem was fixed with a Glock design change of their barrels and the ammunition companies making thicker cases.

And the bulge problem isn't just with Glock .40 pistols.

I have a Gen 3 Glock .40 and do not have a problem with "my" brass, "BUT" range pickup brass must be inspected carefully.

Below the "Glock bulge" is a generic term and any unsupported chamber will cause the case to bulge.

Be careful of cases that are badly bulged like below.

When these type cases are resized the case can split at the weakened point of the case.

I'm not bashful and use range pickup brass but I inspect each case and only use them with lite practice loads.

Make Right With a “.40 Lite”
    http://www.handgunsmag.com/ammo/ammu...40lite_091806/

I had 11 out of 450 reloads that wouldn't fit the case gauge. A trip through the bulge buster fixed that. it's a bit of a PIA to check each one with the gauge but it's better then having one jammed in the pistol. Using the case gauge I know they will all chamber and fire.