Thread: Mount Rainier Ordnance Depot Wardog

Threaded View

1. Default Mount Rainier Ordnance Depot Wardog

Sometimes you wish an old wardog could tell a story...saw this old Remington Rand on GB and found out the seller was only about 5 miles away from me, how is that for a small world? He had the wrong serial number in his description and was failing to mention the most interesting feature of the pistol, the MR above the trigger on the right side of the frame, indicating a rebuild at Mount Rainier Ordnance Depot in Tacoma WA. Even more interesting is that this pistol is a late, VERY late Remington Rand produced late in 1945. I am not sure how much use it saw before the end of the war and the trip to Mount Rainier, but it sure has developed an even patina over the past 61 years. I doubt that anything was done during the rebuild as you can still see the quench line on the slide. There is almost no finish internally, so it has seen plenty of use. I doubt the barrel is original even though it is correct. Needs a pin for the mainspring housing. Korea? Vietnam? Somewhere stateside, this pistol has seen some use since it traveled thru the depot. It isn't perfect by a long shot, but it sure is pretty cool. What does the group think?

Questions, comments and observations are welcomed.
    Last edited by SPEEDGUNNER; 03-15-2016 at 07:40.
    "There's a race of men that don't fit in,
    A race that can't stay still;
    So they break the hearts of kith and kin,
    And they roam the world at will." - Robert Service