Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default SRS check and Lyman and cartouche help please

DSCN2270.jpgDSCN2271.jpgDSCN2272.jpgDSCN2273.jpgDSCN2279.jpg

I picked this up for 1000$ and I hope I didn't blow it ? It has a cartouche I think means Philippines Ordinance Department and the second one I am clueless.

Also was the sight put on after it was in the hands of someone or was it original to the gun

Thanks for all the help I really appreciate it.

If it is POD or POD-D you are correct; PaOD is Panama. The barrel is original/correct. Have some pictures of the "overall" rifle?

If there was a way to prove it came from the Philippines, we'd be having a long talk!! LOL!
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

3. Default

DSCN2280.jpgDSCN2281.jpgDSCN2282.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick the Librarian View Post
    If it is POD or POD-D you are correct; PaOD is Panama. The barrel is original/correct. Have some pictures of the "overall" rifle?

If there was a way to prove it came from the Philippines, we'd be having a long talk!! LOL!
    Hey Rick can you do a SRS for me on this one 397825 could that show if the lyman was put there by the service?
    What's the other cartouche BAWII ??
    Last edited by Discus420; 03-22-2016 at 11:57.

Almost 100% certain that the Lyman was put there by a former civilian owner. No SRS hit.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

Interesting - a new variation of POD - POD-T
    --C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Rick the Librarian View Post
    Almost 100% certain that the Lyman was put there by a former civilian owner. No SRS hit.
    Yup, I agree . . .

The "bubba" that installed that sight, mounted it too far forward. The clip slot is unusable. --Jim

7. Default

Starting to look like 1000$ Turkey!!

How about an overall picture of the rifle?
    --C.S. Lewis

9. Default

No more pics I don't have the rifle yet I'm on the payment plan and I have the option to back out the seller won't care with the site being bubbafied and I can see what JimF is talking about you cant even load a clip that is bad so I should pass its too bad that was a nice rifle....

Thanks to Rick and everyone for the help!!
    Last edited by Discus420; 03-22-2016 at 04:58.

Was it a one- or two-bolt stock?
    --C.S. Lewis