Default Bought a too long TC "hot shot" nipple?

Bought a replacement nipple for my New Englander after the ML season was over.

What running the Ml final match this past Saturday and the capps had to be smackes a second time as the OAL was long and the first smack swaged the cap on the nipple and second fired.

Trimm from the top or off the bottom? [No, did save the reciept/]

if the cap is not seating correctly the nipple can be turned down by putting it in a drill and filing to fit, or make sure your using a #11 cap.

I replaced mine with TC stainless nipple, worked fine. They are cheap---why monkey with it, buy another!
    You can never go home again.

Well, I measured it @ 0.645" OAL, the standard 1/4-28 is 0.545" - 0.555".

So will have to get a new standard nipple.

Thanks.

Couldn't you file it down to what you need?

Quote Originally Posted by jjrothWA View Post
    Bought a replacement nipple for my New Englander after the ML season was over.

What running the Ml final match this past Saturday and the capps had to be smackes a second time as the OAL was long and the first smack swaged the cap on the nipple and second fired.

Trimm from the top or off the bottom? [No, did save the reciept/]
    It's NOT the length that is giving you grief . . . . it's the DIAMETER! --Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JimF View Post
    It's NOT the length that is giving you grief . . . . it's the DIAMETER! --Jim
    Amen!

Either get a larger cap, or polish the nipple down. I like to use a strip of emery cloth, and chuck the nipple in a drill press and "shoe shine" it until it fits.