Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If you called them I'm sure they could tell you for sure but I would assume (probably wrong) that yes they would work just fine. I have in the past used large ring 98's to build .308 Win. rifles and used the original extractor and it worked fine. Of course I did the extractor test. They also make one that has to be fitted. I have accumulated several military 98 extractors over the years as spare parts but I also keep one new 98 extractor just in case. I assume (here we go again) you know how to check the extractor on a Mauser type rifle. There's nothing wrong with re-working a extractor to over ride the rim as long as you know what your doing, they work just fine when done right.
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH

2. Default

Thanks, Bud
    ...a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place...

3. Default

Some target shooters didn't want the brass thrown clear of the receiver, and just eased the bolt back, picked the case up from the action, and stuck them in the box. If the bolt was worked quickly it would still throw them out.

4. Default

You could be right about that, Johnny. I usually work the bolt slowly so as not to damage the brass by ejecting it onto the ground.

5. Default

Bought a NOS extractor for a 7x57 1908 Brazilian Mauser from Sarco. It works much better