1. Default Where to get Spgfld worked on?

I am wanting to get a take off barrel put on my 03 action. The barrel headspaces at about 3 o'clock. If I back it out to index the sight, headspace is too long. While I feel confident in fixing this with a Mauser, I am not confident,with square thread and an extractor notch. If I must, I will send it to a place that builds hot rod 700's, wait 17 months, and get it back butchered because they are not familiar with the 03. I would rather send it to a no-name 'smith that can correct the issue w/o me paying for his annual advertising budget, and putting both his kids thru college.
    Can anybody provide contact info for a 'smith that can do this?
    Last edited by cowboybart; 03-09-2016 at 07:01.

Contact Chuckindenver at molinenorski@msn.com
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

not sure id say im a no name smith..
    if it aint broke...fix it till it finally is.

Chuck is really good. Not sure if what you want done is feasible, but Chuck is the one who would know.
    "They've took the fun out of running the race. You never see a campfire anywhere. There's never any time for visiting." - Joe Redington Sr., 1997

5. Default

No offense Chuck, by no-name I mean somebody who isn't backed up 3 years, and somebody who doesn't advertise in magazines or have a "reality" TV show!

they get backed up... cuz they lazy and dont want to work on what they have sitting...
    i turn out alot of work,.. and get it done in a timely manner... i like to get paid..so...i work
    if it aint broke...fix it till it finally is.

7. Default

Go by the front sight. The rear sight is possibly installed improperly. If that's the case it is possibly repairable.The other possibility of course is the receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckindenver View Post
    they get backed up... cuz they lazy and dont want to work on what they have sitting...
    i turn out alot of work,.. and get it done in a timely manner... i like to get paid..so...i work
    Chuck gets my vote, and he does turn stuff around in a timely manner...with quality...in my opinion.

Blog Entries

Chuck can refinish it and make it look new.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

10. Default

Ditto for Chuck. He's done a couple of '03 barrel swaps for me, great job.