I was born in December of 68, so I just have a few stories. Here in the deep south I was told the vets were well received.

I don't mean to say someone coming home to another region was treated any less, it's just what I know as a small kid.

A 101 ab recon platoon vet reared me in the summertime and started reunions with his friends.

I was their bartender, serving up Old Charter and Coke.

Among the WW2 tales was my summertime caretaker's son in law,a Vietnam 101st vet, stopped the conversation.

He said it was remarkable that these ww2 guys had found each other and were now chatting about all they saw.

He said he'd never contacted or have been contacted by anyone in the 101 he served in Vietnam. He marveled at the ww2 guys comadre and the ww2 guys hung their heads when he spoke when he said he had no idea even how to contact anyone he served with. Circa 1978. I just kept slinging Old Charter and Coke, being the fly on the wall.

There was Floyd from across the street that was in Italy, can't recall the unit, but it was combat. When the 101 recon platoon started their reunions he walked across the street and spilled his guts as I just kept pouring Old Charter and Coke.

Miss all those men and wish I'd have been smart enough to write it all down. Then again, what they recounted between themselves in the war may have been private and I just happened to be there. Band of Brothers omits a lot of what went on, from what the 10 or so Bastonge vets related among themselves over Charter and Coke