Default WTS: M-1 Garand and M14 field test bolts !

These came out of Small arm Ordnance repair tool sets I bought in the early 1990's ! All of the bolts I recently found in the last box are USGI New bolts thoughtfully converted to Field test Bolts at great expense. The rear of the bolt was welded shut as well as the firing ping hole before conversion ad Anniston to the field test version. They are all Marked ANAD with an electro-penciled date, as well as an embossed designation on the bolt flat I have like 50 of each left, I just need to clean the dried grease off before picturing them tomorrow price on either type is $79.00 each shipped priority mail, Both for $150.00 -- Will accept Paypal as a gift for these or regular Paypal plus 4% Thanks for looking-- I may also be selling some other ordnance related items; please let me know your needs ! As I may have the stuff lying around !!
    Last edited by oldtirediron; 03-24-2016 at 01:07.

Can't believe no one needs an original tool like this!!

3. Default

Waiting to see pics, thanks,Al

Here are some pictures of the M-14 Field test Bolt, Manufacturers may vary !

Regards, and thanks for posting on the forum. Do you have other ord gages and tools for the garand that you may be selling? If so please pm me. Regards.

Forgive my stupidity, but what are these used for? Checking headspace?
    "In God We Trust"

The Field Test Bolt was used for checking basically the depth of the chamber and the serviceability of the receiver-- The M14 Bolts were changed when the specification changed as the rifles wore -- I know they were made for the M-1 Carbine, M-1 Garand and the M-14 rifle these were used to check basically the receiver lug wear and chamber wear--So if you check the rifle with the field Test headspace gage and the bolt closes , you use the field test bolt with the field test head space gage (Max), if it closes the chamber is possibly too deep or the front receivers' lugs are worn. Then you would need to change the barrel--- And re-check the head space--- Hope that explains these bolts-- I was informed that in the late 1980's some armorers caused accidental discharges by attempting to chamber a cartridge with a live round with an assembled field test bolt as a test fixture- After this happened a few times all the Field test bolts were withdrawn and modified for depth on the bolt face, and plugged the bolt on the face and the rear so some errant mis-guided armorer couldn't have an accident-- Hope this helps !

Thanks for the info.
    "In God We Trust"