Default who makes the most sensitive small pistol primers?

My father in law has a S&W revolver that someone "worked on" years ago. It has a very smooth and light trigger pull in double action, but he has some mis-fires with my reloads. I use Winchester small pistol primers in my reloads, but I've heard that some manufactures primers are more sensitive than others.

yep had that problem with CCI primers after I put in a Wilson spring kit, I just changed back to the factory springs, was recommended if the gun is used for self defense, I take the pistol fishing with me. Have not had a problem once I switched back. Jerry Miculek has a good video about the primers and springs on you tube
    liberum aeternum

I would venture a guess that Federal primers are more sensitive than CCI or Win... But this is based on things I've heard, and not on actual first hand experience. I use CCI in all of my rifle reloads, and Win in my pistol loads... so I guess I'm not really much help here.
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

leftyo Guest

if a revolver wont set off a win primer, the gun needs to be fixed. for super light trigger pulls, some game guns have been worked to be utterly unreliable with anything other than federal primers. win isnt exactly a hard primer, unless its been done for something specifically, fix the gun.

It have a strain screw? It's the screw on the front of the grip frame. Adjust it in until you get reliable ignition, if there is one.
    Spelling and grammar count!