Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Screwdrivers opened from 1954 package

Have 3 sealed from 1954 RIA. Opened one package, cleaned cosmoline off with Brakeclean and they are blued. I thought would be parked?http://imgur.com/a/xg5WL

Pictures???

3. Default

If they are all blued, you lucked out. I bought several of those RIA 1954 packed screwdrivers several years ago, and the ones I have opened have been a mix of blued and parked tools. Sometimes there are only a couple of blued ones in a pack, and other times 7 or 8. And the parked ones are from two different manufacturers.

Does anyone know how many manufacturers there were, and who they are? Just curious, I know Stanley and Metlglas were two of the different ones. I also saw that JohnnyP posted about one from National Needle Co. I had never seen one of those before. If anyone has one of the National Needle screwdrivers out of the package, I would love to see the markings on it. Thanks Gents, Jim

Opened bag is here, Full of cosmo.http://imgur.com/a/xg5WL

I'm guessing that the package was repack of several opened packages after the Korean war. Deactivated units would have turned in all weapons, tools, assessories, and spare parts into various poss, and the posts would in turn return the consolidated parts, tools, accessories to ordinance depots. And so on up the line till the bits and piecse were received at RIA, inspected for suriviceablity, and dumped in a storeage bin, until repackaged after dipping in cosmoline.

RHB

7. Default

Opened National Needle and unfinished double end.

I have one double end, Never saw an unfinished one!

Thanks for the pics of the National Needle. Looks like all the rest, but out of all the ones I have, I don't have one of those.

What are the blued screwdrivers going for these days? I've got some of those and a bunch of the parked Stanley screwdrivers and may sell off a few.