1. Default 1945 Colt finish

I have a 2.3 range serial numbered colt. The slide and frame do not match in color. The frame has the greenish military parkerizing and the slide is a flat black finish. I wish to either replace the slide or refinish it to better match the frame. Any of you guys have suggestions? I understand this pistol to be a "OG" rebuild and someone must have switched the slide to have a complete colt.

Thank you in advance for any help.

I would look on sleaze bay for a better orig finish slide.

3. Default

Here's a photo of my 2.3 million range 45 Colt.
    The finish is original

FAC40 1..jpg

On many of the late Colts the slide was not sandblasted before finish and the receiver was. The finish was Parco-Lubrite, and this leaves the slide with a darker appearing finish. Be sure what you have before you buy something for it that really doesn't match.

The top of the receiver was not sandblasted, leaving it the same dark appearing finish. Check to see what it looks like.

5. Default

Ok, thank you. I will check the frame before doing anything. After really examining my 1911A1 under various light conditions, it is a lot less green than I described. It looks much more grayish than I described previously. It's appearance is very similar to the colt shown in the second reply. But the slide is strikingly different than the frame and the photo above. It is a flat black, not for sure but don't think it has been sand blasted either. An "O G" is stamped very faintly on the right side of the frame between the rear of the trigger guard and the grip. Is this a rebuild mark as previously thought or something else. I thought all rebuild marks were on the horizontal portion of the frame between the trigger guard and slide.
    Last edited by valkyrie45; 03-02-2016 at 07:11. Reason: Additional question.

The OG is normally on the receiver immediately behind the top of trigger. If it is a rebuild I would expect to see a phosphate finish over sandblasting.

Photos sure help.

This is the 1945 Colt that I brought back from Vietnam.

Colt%25202300270%2520Right[2].jpg
    DSC01231.jpg
    Last edited by John HOLBROOK; 05-22-2016 at 07:29.
    "Give Me A Fast Ship And I Will Sail In Harms Way" John Paul Jones, U.S. NAVY