Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Any info/guidance for a new M2 owner?

Found this today....

11-35 barrel date...

Need to get a good bore guide any suggestions. I generally get Dewey rods for my rifles but looks like the rimfire rods are not coated. Any suggestions on the bore guide/rod? Thank you for your time.

Blog Entries

Use the OTIS cable. In reality a 22 bore doesn't have to be cleaned much
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

3. Default

You have a 1922MII that started life as a 1922M1 NRA model rifle. It was upgraded to MII by the refitting of an M2 bolt and a new 1935 barrel (original barrel would have been 1929 or 1930). Original length of the stock should be 31 1/2 inches as some of these will be found with shortened stocks. These rifles are sometimes referred to as "club rifles". I may have data on this serial number (which has the added B) but would have to check if interested.

Thank you both for your replies gentlemen.

Krag thanks for filling in some blanks. Rifle seems to be full length, Ill have to take a measure and confirm.

If you have further info it would be interesting to know it. Seems the rifle has lead a pretty pampered life since rebuild as it is very clean and cared for.

Seller had two of these in the racks the other was an original built MII with grasping groove and heavy checkered butt plate. This one appealed to me with the scope blocks as I am looking forward to finding a clean 20X Unertl.
    Last edited by pmclaine; 02-25-2016 at 07:20.

You need to send it to me and I'll tell you how it shoots.

Address please to send it to...Oh wait I forgot it's recycle night and all the boxes to pack it up went out to the curb....disregard but Thank you.

7. Default

I checked my SRS data and my DCM book-sorry, no hits. Very nice rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kragrifle View Post
    I checked my SRS data and my DCM book-sorry, no hits. Very nice rifle.
    Thank you for checking.

Blog Entries

I agree with kragrifle that the rifle is not listed in the SRS records but the serial number does fall in the midst of a large number of rifles that were shown to have been shipped to or or received from rifle clubs or colleges. That together with the rifle having been drilled and tapped for scope blocks and in the NRA stock is strong evidence that the rifle was originally made up for issue to a club/school. Except for the finish it is an exact duplicate of he NRA Sales 1922M1/1922MII. The technique used for cleaning any other rimfire bolt rifle would be appropriate for the M1922MII. You have a fine rifle.

10. Default

Thank you Herschel.

What was the finish on the actual NRA sales gun - bluing as opposed to park?