Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fouled bore

1. Default

I have a trapdoor that had a pitted chamber. I sent the barreled action to a man named Hoyt (if you need his first name and contact info I can look it up). He resleeved the chamber for me and turned a non shooter into a shooter. I'm not sure of the mechanics involved between these two different rifles but I would think it possible to resleeve the chamber on a 1917. At least worth checking out. It was relatively inexpensive. Of course it detracts from the integrity of an historical piece but I am not personally interested in a rifle that I can't shoot. RB

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer99 View Post
    I have a trapdoor that had a pitted chamber. I sent the barreled action to a man named Hoyt (if you need his first name and contact info I can look it up). He resleeved the chamber for me and turned a non shooter into a shooter. I'm not sure of the mechanics involved between these two different rifles but I would think it possible to resleeve the chamber on a 1917. At least worth checking out. It was relatively inexpensive. Of course it detracts from the integrity of an historical piece but I am not personally interested in a rifle that I can't shoot. RB
    RB,

I thought resleeving was a viable and economical option. An unaltered specimen is always desirable but preserving a
    shooter, especially one that can be saved from being scrapped for parts, is also desirable. Can you see the sleeve?

Merc

3. Default

Merc,

If you know what you are looking for you can tell. It's seen as a brighter ring at the opening of the chamber. Most would not know it was there. If you are selling though you would want to make the buyer aware of it. RB