Default Winchester rear site - repro?

In looking at this rear site, it appears to me to be either a repro or the wrong site (no S).
    Can anyone verify my suspicions one way or the other?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Default

Anton, Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you fiddle, scrub and rub on an original Winchester for 3-4 days? Do you not remember what that original looked like? If anything you should take photo's for your own reference. Not to sound too harsh, but this one is easy.

A fake like this doesn't get much easier to spot.

4. Default

The receiver's been refinished as well...WRA carbines (as well as Garands and parked M12's) featured a very distinctive milky grey-green color to the phosphate finish when new.

That is one of the finest examples of a fake rear sight that I've seen in a long time. Just about everything that they ever did wrong is shown here!

Anton, Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you fiddle, scrub and rub on an original Winchester for 3-4 days? Do you not remember what that original looked like? If anything you should take photo's for your own reference. Not to sound too harsh, but this one is easy.

I thought it was fake.
    No need to be negative about it.
    Yes I remember what the site looked like but there are multiple manufacturers of sites.
    Also nobody will really tell you how to spot a fake on an open forum because they are afraid the fakers will see the postings.
    So I was just making sure.
    I think I am starting to figure out some of the ways to spot fakes.
    This one doesnt have the "S" on either side.
    I didnt see any stake marks though - maybe I am missing them.

There would be stake marks on the receiver dovetail AND on the sight around the sight pin. Those around the sight pin could be a O, >O< or -O- depending on the maker and date.