Thread: Sunshade????

Default Sunshade????

Hi, I have a Weaver 24V series scope in 6-24X42 with AO lens. Does anyone know of a sunshade that will fit this scope? Thanks in advance.

leftyo Guest

you should be able to get one form weaver. i dont remember, but it either comes with one or it is available separately.

Toilet paper roll. As daft as that sounds. 42mm = 1.7" if you want to make one.
    Spelling and grammar count!

The Meuller 40mm sunshade will work perfectly on your Weaver V24 or V16 scope

http://muelleroptics.com/category/pr...ries/sunshades

I believe you can get one on Amazon for $9.95

Barska has a 5" sunshade that works too.

Do not worry, Meuller and both Barska spec their sunshades as 40mm while Weaver V24's are 42mm scopes.
    They will fit

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray View Post
    Toilet paper roll. As daft as that sounds. 42mm = 1.7" if you want to make one.
    Yes, cheap, easy to make, spray paint it flat black inside and out. Different tubes for various size scopes.

Quote Originally Posted by kkd View Post
    The Meuller 40mm sunshade will work perfectly on your Weaver V24 or V16 scope

http://muelleroptics.com/category/pr...ries/sunshades

I believe you can get one on Amazon for $9.95

Barska has a 5" sunshade that works too.

Do not worry, Meuller and both Barska spec their sunshades as 40mm while Weaver V24's are 42mm scopes.
    They will fit

Great information, thanks! That is what a sunshade should cost... Zeiss wants 60 bucks and Leupold a tad less.

Do you know if these will fit a Zeiss 40mm or a Leupold? I didn't see a cross referewnce chart on the site.

thanks
    He who beats his sword into a plowshare, will soon be plowing for somebody else!