Default '03 NRA Sporter project started!

Building my own tribute (fake!) NRA Sporter and been gathering parts for several months. Decided to start the metal work; trued receiver face, welded false sight mount holes, finish reamed short-chambered barrel, confirmed headspace, polished all receiver parts and barrel, and installed barrel. Pics are out of order and in two posts. One odd note, though...the safety is reversed from my other five '03 Springfields. I posted on Gunboards, and found out it is a NM rifle conversion. Asked for SRS check (here) recently with little information found. Maybe it was, maybe it was altered later? Enjoy pics! (second set of pics coming in next post)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Libertarian. Gun Owner. Carnivore.

Second set of pics. Will post more after stock is inletted and bedded. Might be a while...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice!, you going to put a Straight stock or a C stock on it. (I have always found a Pistol Grip stock is easier on my wrist)
    liberum aeternum

Pistol grip is best for me. Have a Walnut Grove custom to finish for it. Will take a lot of work, but it should be nice when it's done.