Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yes, I know that the CORRECT TD device handles that, but I am part Scottish and I make do with what I have!

I'm Scottish, too. I use an old cleaning patch angled against the 'breech-plug'.

(Did you hear about the Scotsman who pulled his son out of School?

The Teacher asked the Lad to pay attention)!
    Last edited by butlersrangers; 02-20-2016 at 08:33.

Could you explain how you put the cleaning patch in the breech and look UP the barrel to check the chamber and rifling in the chamber area of the bore. The only thing to be learned looking down the bore is the hole goes all the way thru.

Now, now, we're all friends here - you can also see condition of the rifling at muzzle. But, in a gun show setting, you need a friend or rubber band to do that.

In truth, especially for shooting, bore really needs to be inspected carefully from BOTH ends.

Patch is actually good in one respect, in that it provides a diffused light without glare, and you can see the rifling better.

"Yup, the hole goes all the way through"!

U. S. Troops (Polar Bears) with Mosins, during The North Russia Campaign - 1918-19. The Soldiers are holding rifle-bolts in their left hand.

(p.s. You can tell a lot about a bore, viewing it from the muzzle. I put a cleaning patch over the lens of my new LED bore-light to get the diffuse lighting Dick Hosmer mentions).

arms inspect.jpg
    Last edited by butlersrangers; 02-20-2016 at 08:36.