Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default trapdoor bore mirror

Just a little video showing the mirror

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMY1LxVFICw
    The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms....

Interesting! Thanks for sharing.
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

That would be handy.Looking at the bore on a TD is extremely taxing if you don't have help.
    A man with a sword may talk of peace.A man with out a sword may talk of peace,but he must talk very fast indeed.

The parkerized version, resurrected for the closed-receiver M1 (no GI mirror required during the '03 or 1917 period) works quite well as well.

Dick, That is true but that GI junk has no class. I did not need a mirror for my 105 MM howitzers either.

Depends on which GI junk you are talking about.LOL The early brass M1903 one

$_35.jpg

Or the later one for the M1-

100_3899.jpg
    A man with a sword may talk of peace.A man with out a sword may talk of peace,but he must talk very fast indeed.

Mine must be an "in-between" as it looks just like the brass one above, but is parkerized steel.

Like this one?The parkerized steel ones were WW2 production,the brass pre-war.The longer ones were also used checking bores on MGs.They'll work on an M1 Rifle but you have to be real careful you don't push the follower down and release the bolt.It can give you a bad day,a very bad day.LOL That's why they came out with the short ones-

IMG_6425.jpg
    Last edited by JBinIll; 02-19-2016 at 11:45.

Yup - understand about the M1 (!) but the long nose is actually an advantage on the TD, given that the block gets in the way.

"given that the block gets in the way."

See paragraph 4
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 45govt; 02-19-2016 at 01:28.
    The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms....