Thread: 2104268

Default 2104268

I have this Standard Products with a built up trigger housing that is blued and stamped S T...Was this a common production item....thank you....regards....alex

Stamped and brazed type 4 trigger housings worked very well. They were used by Underwood, IBM, Rock-Ola, Quality Hardware and Standard Products. If it's been blued then it's not the original type finish as these were parkerized.

Tuna, thanks for the info....regards....alex

4. Default

Alex:

Are you sure it is blued? The parked finish on these can look like a dull blue, especially when polished by time and use. The stamped and brazed (fabricated) trigger housing you have is proper for the serial number you gave and may well be original to your carbine. This fabricated trigger housing is sometimes referred to as a Type 4 (per Tuna) as defined by Craig Riesch in his widely used general reference book 'U.S. M1 Carbines, Wartime Production'. HTH

ChipS, I am a garand guy, and I am not up to speed on Carbines...All the metal parts have a dull bluish finish....It is a S-HB hi wood , L flip, type 1 barrel band, with all S stamped parts, marlin barrel....I just don't know for sure....thank you....regards....alex
    Last edited by blackhawk2; 02-10-2016 at 06:58.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk2 View Post
    ChipS, I am a garand guy, and I am not up to speed on Carbines...All the metal parts have a dull bluish finish....It is a S-HB hi wood , L flip, type 1 barrel band, with all S stamped parts, marlin barrel....I just don't know for sure....thank you....regards....alex
    Well, everything you say about your carbine sounds right-as-rain but we can't say much for sure without pictures. You may have an unmolested all-original Standard Products carbine. If so it could be worth substantially more than the average post-WWII rebuilds that are commonly seen in the market. As with most collectibles, originality and condition are the key factors. If I were you I would not consider selling it before I had it thoroughly evaluated by a trusted, knowledgeable collector. Also, if you get a reference book and start checking the parts markings you should not be too quick to start replacing them with the "correct" parts listed in the book. Carbine manufacturing history is not cut and dried, the books make mistakes and original, as-manufactured carbines have been forever ruined by removing and replacing original parts that were not marked exactly as listed in the book. JMHO

I was able to sell it at the Allentown gun show...Bill Ricca said I sold it to low....thanks for your help....regards... alex