Default SOLD WTS No. 1 Mk. III* Lee Enfield rifle PRICE REDUCED

Sold pending funds. PRICE REDUCED I am offering for sale a BSA made Lee Enfield No, 1 Mk. III* dated 1918. This rifle is duplication in my collection: I have another BSA 1918 Enfield which is in slightly nicer condition and I need to pay for an Amish made very expensive toy box bought for Christmas for my two year old Granddaughter.
    The rifle was acquired at a local estate auction several years ago and is in very nice condition considering it’s age and is substantially original. The serial number, M over 26560 appears on the receiver, barrel, bolt and nose piece. No other metal parts are numbered. There is however a number 33320 crossed out just below the serial number on the receiver ring. I have no idea what the significance of this might be but just want to be complete with the description.
    The metal finish looks almost too good to be true but it is not marked “FTR” anywhere. The bore is mirror bright with sharp rifling. The muzzle is very tight per “bullet test” using a Brit Mk. VII military round. I have not shot this rifle but it has a great barrel and should be a good shooter.
    I believe at some point the fore end wood has been replaced. It has the relief for a magazine cut-off which this rifle does not have. Also, below the nose piece there is a faint number stamped “3174”. I’m guessing the fore end may have come from an earlier rifle cannibalized for parts. Also the front handguard is missing it’s “ears” around the rear sight.
    collage 3.jpg
    Included with the rifle is a Model 1907 bayonet in very nice condition with blued finish. It does not appear to have ever been sharpened. It comes with a metal capped leather scabbard. The pictures show general condition but my little digital camera is not good enough to capture details of markings on the blade. One side of the fuller has a crown over GR stamping then “1907” and a date “1 18”. The other side is stamped with what could be an eagle holding something in it’s claws over a “X” with some other small markings which my 75 year old eyes just cannot make out. In any case it’s a nice old bayonet with date matching the rifle.
    Presentation1.jpg
    Obviously it must go to an FFL or C&R. ASKING PRICE REDUCED TO $450.00 shipped and insured to the lower 48 via USPS. Payment to be USPS Money order. That way I only have to make one 15 mile round trip to town to the post office and bank.
    If interested please respond by email to johniism@yahoo.com
    Last edited by jisii; 02-10-2016 at 05:51.