Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default The Krag Rifle story by Franklin Mallory

Which edition has the most information in it, 1st or 2nd? Or what is the major difference between the two?
    ripper90

I had an autographed 1st edition, but, replaced it with a 'non-signed' 2nd edition. (I couldn't afford/justify keeping both). I did not do an exact page by page comparison, before selling my 1st edition.

I prefer the 2nd edition because it has tables of SRS Data of 'known Krags' from Mallory's research at the time of the printing.

(Note - Make sure you get "2nd edition" and not "2nd Printing of 1st edition", if that is your choice).

The added serial tables are not the only difference. There is NO question but that the 2nd edition is the better buy.

4. Default

It is unfortunate that a lot of good information, well researched, did not make it into the second book. Still, these books are getting hard to find and have only had one printing.

Whatever one's personal opinion of the author may be, I would STRONGLY suggest that all true Krag enthusiasts purchase a copy of Joe Farmer's recent Krag book.

6. Default

I thank everyone for their comments on the books.
    ripper90

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Hosmer View Post
    Whatever one's personal opinion of the author may be, I would STRONGLY suggest that all true Krag enthusiasts purchase a copy of Joe Farmer's recent Krag book.
    Dick:

Can you provide the exact title of the book and the ISBN, please? A search of Amazon and other likely locations did not turn up a Krag book by Joe Farmer for me. Thanks.

Charlie

Here is his post from thread "Book" in this forum

Details

Last edited by 5MadFarmers; 12-03-2014 at 03:21.

Link did not copy- bear with me.
    Last edited by Dick Hosmer; 03-05-2016 at 04:42.

Volume 6, Part 1: US Military Krags

Postby Joseph Farmer ยป Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:59 pm
    The Krag book. Farmer's "less than three weeks banging out that drivel" book. Only sold here. Unless other arrangements are made the only form of payment accepted is a money order.

Joseph A. Farmer
    1817 South Thompson Drive
    Madison, WI. 53716

The books will be sent media mail. Be forewarned that I'm horrible at doing things regularly. Thus if you're the impatient type you should plan on going on a bender rather than waiting at the mailbox. I'll get them out - I'm just not going to get them out quickly. I know me. That's the way it'll be. "Change." Change is what you get back when you spend paper money. Include your email with your order.

Price: $35 plus $5 S&H. $40 delivered in the U.S..

Buy three at the price of five and get one free. That's my sale price for people bad at math. People love getting a bargain.

Satisfaction isn't guaranteed. In fact it's unlikely. All sales final. If you don't think you'll like it don't buy it. I wouldn't.

8.5"x11" Trade paperback. 300 pages. 750,096 characters of pure drivel along with bad photos to boot.

You'll love it. You'll hate it. You'll feel like you were accosted by history. Your head will reel from the density. You won't be able to put it down until you've finished it. Then you'll say to yourself: "well, that wasn't really what I was expecting but it was worth the money. Every penny."

Thank you, Dick. That is what I needed.
    Charlie