Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Astra M600

Default Astra M600

Got to the range today to shoot my Astra M600 pistol in 9mm. Shoots a little high but functions well and is tight. Couldn't stay long, cold winds and fingers got numb. Can't wait until spring!

I kick myself for not buying Astra 400 and 600 pistols when they were only $40-50 and the pawn shops were full of them.

I was bidding on a M300 but it got too high for my tastes. besides I have plenty of .32's.

Hunter's Lodge in Alexandria sold thousands for $15 along with Webley Mk VIs for $12. Regards, Clark

AH, the good old days of cheap mil surplus stuff. Gone for good, never to return.

Unlike most 9m/m pistols the 600 is a blow back, no locked breech, recoil is kind of hearty. I like shooting mine, purchased only cause it was 9m/m not that odd-ball other cal. No Nazi stamps tho I understand they purchased most of them.
    You can never go home again.

I've read that the Nazi's contracted with spain to build these pistols. Before delivery could be made through France the alllies cut off shipping. After the war Germany went to spain and wanted the pistols. Spains reply was that now it was a different government so they needed another purchase order and payment. Germany paid twice for the same pistols. Mine came with what is supposed to be a E German black police holster.

Why would they want the pistols after the war? Would the occupation even allow it? We furnished arms for their needed internal police. Don't know when they were allowed to again have an army. Seems strange! How could the Allies cut off shipping during the war, they did not need to go by sea! Germany controlled even the so called unoccupied part of France.
    You can never go home again.

I have a 600 9mm para and a 400 9mm Largo . Both are very reliable and a lot of fun to shoot, but like dave said, recoil is there. Not terrible though. Neat guns.

I have a couple of the 400's that I shoot once in a while. I reload for Largo so ammo isn't a problem.