Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I am not sure which rifles we are talking about. I see two rifles that are late post war. These two rifles being offered by "Match223" look just like the "like new" rifles found within the 19,000 Greek Air Force returns unpacked during the 2009 GCA convention at CMP South. The other rifle I see being offered by "Gastrap" does not state WW2 or post war and there are no pictures, so, no comment.
    In regards to the value of the O.P.'s documented Type 2 built for 1962, I would say it would sell in the 3500 - 4500 range.

This is one of the nicest Type 1 National Match rifles I have ever seen. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=540141631
    It was written up in the Spring 2015 GCA Journal by Bob Seijas. It has been listed for at least the last month with an asking price of $ 6500.00. It is now reduced to $ 5800. I my opinion the only reason the rifle has not sold is the fact the serial number is not listed on the DCM sales document. The seller never mentions this or the fact he does have a verification letter from CMP attesting to it being sold as a NM rifle and a copy of the Sales Card which contains the same Voucher number as that found on the DCM sales doc.
    I do not know the seller nor do I have any interest in the sale. I am just posting this to show the asking price of a very nice Type 1 NM rifle that is going without any takers. My guess is that some that have looked at it were immediately turned off by the lack of serial number on the DCM document and never bothered to search out and read the GCA article.
    Last edited by 2111; 02-02-2016 at 01:38.