Default GEWEHR '98 1916 proper sling?

I have a G'98 dated 1916 that I'm trying to find out what sling was originally issued with it. It has a sling swivel on the bottom of the rear barrel band and another one just aft of the grip on the bottom of the stock. It also has the sling hole in the front top of the trigger guard. I've looked all over the Web in search of a sling but can't determine which of the many German slings fit this GEW '98. I know the K98 slings that go through the side of the stock are the wrong ones. But does the correct one use the two swivels on the bottom of the stock or the front swivel and the trigger guard swivel hole. A picture of the correct sling would be greatly appreciated.
    Dave

2. Default

here's a link to a sling website...
    http://www.rollanet.org/~stacyw/German_GEW98_Sling.htm
    Last edited by rockisle1903; 01-22-2016 at 05:47.

Great site ...03, Thanks!

The sling was normally used in butt stock swivel to rear barrel band. For parade use the butt detachable swivel was move to the front of TG, leaving it thru the rear band swivel and that round metal thingy was hooked to the projection on bottom of front band and sling tightened so it lays flat against bottom of stock. The detachable swivel was sewed to the leather (as you can see in pics). Original leather part is very scares as they rotted away without care. Repros are available, originals, as shown must run several hundred.
    You can never go home again.

5. Default

Best replica Gew 98 slings hands down. No stretchy water buffalo foreskin, 100% quality with original hardware used when available.

http://clang.adkinssoftware.com/WWI%.../WWI%2001.html