Default Saudi Arabia 25 years ago

Anybody remember the time and place... 25 years ago tonight at around 0230hrs me and my 'girls' in Southwest Asia got woke up and told by our PSG, "get into MOPP2, take your pill, and go back to sleep, the balloon went up, we'll be briefed in the morning..." Well, there it is...
    Anybody else remember stuff like that our loved ones can't quite get a handle on???
    bombdog, out here...
    "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends." Jesus Christ !!! JN15:13

Desert Storm. CNN's finest hour.

i think their finest was the amphibious landing on Somalia, lol, but we didn't see much 'tv' during the 'making of' the Gulf War... i'll just take your word Phil...
    bombdog, out...
    "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends." Jesus Christ !!! JN15:13

I was flying a NVG mission on the local ranges. When we stowed the goggles, I noticed how bright the moon was. I told the crew, "If I were in command, I would attack now". During debrief, we were told to go home, pack our bags, and be ready to go in 24 hours. Regards, Clark

5. Default

I was sitting on the M60E3 position over watching the Main gate of Sheik Isa AB on Bahrain. Everything that was flyable took off about 2300. 0200 the loudspeaker came to life with "This is not a drill, This is not a drill Scud Alarm Scud Alarm don masks gloves and take cover we have incoming". Till this day I still hate sirens of any kind.
    Mack
    hitler, stalin and mao were progressives in their time

i was told that the Gulf War was becoming a forgotten war... i know that the Somalia fiasco of 93-94 is for the most part forgotten as is the Korean War, so i guess we're in good company... Tango Mike to all who posted comments on this little post... To all my fellow 'Saudi Vets', drive on troops...
    bombdog, out...