Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default anyone know how to remove the big knob on the m-1d scope mount

so i can adjust the offset screw and boresight the scope?

thx,

goo
    m1d-3.jpg
    "I eat concertina wire and piss napalm and I can put a round up a flea's ass at 200 meters."

Nerver tried it on mine but I've seen the M1D barrels and there is a threaded hole in the block that the scope mount goes to. I imagine there will be rust or some type of thread locker to hold it in place. Good luck don't bust it.

I believe it is on permanently
    liberum aeternum

so how do you tweek the itty bitty offset (windage) screw that makes up for the scope offset?
    Last edited by goo; 01-14-2016 at 02:04.
    "I eat concertina wire and piss napalm and I can put a round up a flea's ass at 200 meters."

how do i remove he big knob to tweek the offset screw?

offset.jpg
    Last edited by goo; 01-12-2016 at 06:06.

this might explain the problem but i don't understand the solution,

http://garandforum.proboards.com/thr...ignment?page=1

i stuck a dime in there as a shim..it was a bit too much. looks like shiet anyway.

There is no "offset screw" what you are seeing is the butt end of a spring loaded plunger. The other end of the plunger is pointed and engages the grooves machined in the backside of the large knob. Provides the ratchet effect as the knob is tightened.

The knob is not meant to come apart from the rest of the bracket.
    Last edited by jgaynor; 01-13-2016 at 04:19.

If anyone knows of the dimension of the screw that attaches to the knob or has a screw let me know

i'm guessing the m-1d wasn't intended to hit bad guys at much less than 300 yards. has anybody got theirs zeroed for say, 150 or 200 yards? 200 yards is about as far as i get to shoot. generally offhand with iron sights ( o3's, garands, m-1a, enfields, swede mausers, etc.) but i would like t0 zero the m-d for that range

Quote Originally Posted by jgaynor View Post
    There is no "offset screw" what you are seeing is the butt end of a spring loaded plunger. The other end of the plunger is pointed and engages the grooves machined in the backside of the large knob. Provides the ratchet effect as the knob is tightened.

The knob is not meant to come apart from the rest of the bracket.
    thanks. i just figgered that out... boy! do i feel dumb
    Last edited by goo; 01-15-2016 at 08:19.