Default gonna go bear hunting in northern sashkatchuan in late may or early june

taking a 308 model 700 and a 30-06 model 70.

looking for ammo recommendations

10-q

goo
    "I eat concertina wire and piss napalm and I can put a round up a flea's ass at 200 meters."

Same load you use for deer for either cartridge. Think 165 grain hunting bullets though. Yogi isn't armoured up here either. And it's Saskatchewan. snicker.
    Do not bring any kind of handgun. And you'll have to make a Non-resident Firearms Declaration at the border, costing $25Cdn. That's currently $17.70US. Current exchange rate is roughly 40%.
    http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/f...visite-eng.htm
    A non-resident spring bear hunting licence runs $161.92Cdn plus Saskatchewan's Wildlife Habitat Licence of $10.79Cdn.
    Don't know if this'll help you or not, but it's worth a look.
    http://saskatchewanlicences.active.com/
    Spelling and grammar count!

Remember goo, they run fast and climb trees. Hate to hear you became a bear turd. Good luck, sir. Watch out for those blood suckin skeeters
    Democrat: A person too stupid to know they're a communist.

If you heard my shot, I wasn't aiming at you.

Make sure you have a face net and net gloves. I've heard those skeeters can suck you dry in 30 mins.

thanks, gents

anybody familiar with nosler partition ammo?

one guy suggested it
    "I eat concertina wire and piss napalm and I can put a round up a flea's ass at 200 meters."

Why Canada? There's good bear hunting right here in the States. I hunted in northern Wisconsin many years ago.

"...heard those skeeters can..." Yep, but it's not 30 minutes and in May or June you get to do battle with black flies too. The major predator up there in May and June are the black flies and mosquitoes. Both will carry you off for later as well.
    "...Nosler Partition..." That will do nicely but it's also premium ammo. Isn't really necessary. If you have a 165 grain load or are sighted in with that weight, you're fine.
    Spelling and grammar count!