Thread: Sight alignment

Blog Entries

Default Sight alignment

Which is easier to "call your shot"............6 O'clock hold or center hold?

Frame hold completely covers target face and line of white is too hard to be consistent.

6 O'clock is used by all target shooter I believe, that is why the front sight is a flat post. The 'bead' sight is best for hunting, bead on spot you want to hit. Do not know what "frame hold" is.
    You can never go home again.

Default The hold most often used...

by Highpower competitors, in my experience, is the 6 o'clock hold, when firing at bullseye targets. Continued use of that hold makes for high scores, though weather and light conditions may make the frame hold necessary at the longer ranges (particularly 1000 yards). Winning scores demonstrate that, with continued use, the 6 o'clock hold is plenty consistent. With a steady hold, sight picture and trigger control calling your shot is not difficult. Practice in all these basics is the key to good shooting, and the best practice for competition is ... competition.

mhb - Mike - Highpower Master and former AZ Service Rifle Champion
    Sancho! My armor!

Blog Entries

Thank you all.........I've always used the 6 O'clock hold, but after reading the AMU's book I started thinking about the center hold. May still try just for grins and giggles.

Mike, I'm in way north PHX, maybe I'll see you at BASF sometime. Set a copy of Sharp's Reloading with a rose in it so I'll know. (LOL)

Six o clock hold for my service rifles, I just point my pistols like I point my index finger and the bullets go where I point.
    To Error Is Human To Forgive Is Not SAC Policy