Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AR Builders ???

1. Default

No torque on the buffer tube at all.

On a sliding stock , the buffer tube is screwed in until the buffer retaing plunger is trapped . The nut is torqued to 40 foot pounds . Any wrench or extensions to the torque wrench are set at the 90 degree angle . If it is inline with the handle , it changes the folcum point and screws up the torque measurment .
    Chris

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    There's a lot of good videos on YouTube on how to assemble the lowers if you need instructions---not much to it.You can buy a buffer tube wrench on ebay for $5-$7 free shipping. No need to scar your gun up.
    I bought the wrench: arrived in 3 days, and was $6 well spent. I am building 5 lowers up, it pays for itself on first lower. My first lower I did not use a mag block and vise (bought the block for $5 delivered along with wrench) and it was realistically okay...just used a few layers of duct tape over lower so its finish was not marred and put a towel on work bench top as well. So much easier and better with the mag block & vise on second build.

Taping sides of receiver prevents a lot of ugliness. Taping channel locks is very effective for pressing in roll pins .

I have built quite a few and as was mentioned above just snug has not failed yet.