Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default "1916 Mk IV Carbine" Is there such a thing?

I'm attending an auction tomorrow and came upon this when I went to the preview:
    http://tumblesonauction.hibid.com/lo...=2&ref=catalog

It looks nice, but is there such a thing?

no

Agreed. It's one of those "tanker" conversions or similar. Probably done to move excess, or buggered, surplus rifles out of a commercial distributors warehouse.
    If you can get it cheap there's something to play with and maybe modify further, but its for the general off-the-shelf population inside the safe. Not for the historical collection
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Thanks, guys! If there really was such a thing I knew I couldn't afford it anyway. And I'm certainly no British rifle collector (although people do keep giving me No. 4s) but I thought I kind of knew the lay of the land.

There is a .22 version of one of those big, military Martini-Henrys, too. I didn't look at it very hard because I knew if it was worth anything I couldn't afford it.

Thanks, guys. I didn't look at it very close because I figured if it was real I couldn't afford it. But it wasn't ringing any bells as anything I'd ever heard of.

The .22 caliber military-dress full-size Martini-Henry seemed like such a thing might exist but, again, I didn't look too close because I knew it would be beyond my means.

But the carbine bugged me because it was too good looking to be real.

Oops. My browser is not getting along with the 'edit post' function.

I don't know what your means are, but if you're interested in small bore Martini's I may be able to help you out. Of course an FOID and all rules need to apply...

Very Nice JB!

JB, Please don't tempt me with guns! Actually my gun budget is pretty slim these days as we try to get out of debt so we can retire. The small bore Martini's that tempt me the most are Cadets, but I've never stumbled upon a loose one when I could afford it.

Thanks Joe

C'mon Claude...I'm trying to stay retired!!
    You Will County guys never give us Cook County guys a break..sheesh!