Default Photos of the differences between the Trials No.4 Mk.I(T) vs No.4 Mk.I (T)

Thought I'd take photos of the differences between the Trials (T) and the later standard (T) for my own files and then thought maybe other folks might be interested in the photos also

Both of the rifles are totally as initially assembled by Enfield and H&H. Except the Trials cutoff had been removed at one time and is now replaced with an altered earlier cutoff. Anyone have a spare original Trials cutoff? Also the scope and bracket do no match the rifle. Other then that, no stamps on the Trials rifle have been added, and no parts changed, or upgraded, it is as initially assembled by Enfield. The other (T) is also all original and as initially assembled by H&H and having all components stamped and matching to the rifle including the scope, bracket, scope case and the chest. So they are both good examples to use for the comparisons.
    Ray

Sorry I mixed them up where some times the Trial's is on top and sometimes it's on the bottom

IMG_0496.JPGIMG_0499.JPGIMG_0500.JPGIMG_0501.jpgIMG_0502.jpg.

Enfields, I do dearly love them. I have a lowly No.4 and a No. 5 and love shooting them Use Partizan ammo. Smooth bolt action and more than a decent caliber.
    Democrat: A person too stupid to know they're a communist.

If you heard my shot, I wasn't aiming at you.

Something I just noticed. (probably because I never owned one) The trials forend was chamfered at the front band instead of radiused?
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

The top one is the Trials rifle. The bottom one is the H&H rifle with the chamfer as the forearm wood is thicker, heavier, then that of the Trial's rifle's forearm. The Trials stock had been sanded somewhat but don't think enough to remove the chamfer. Maybe other folks with a trials rifle can chime in if their rifle has a chamfer there, Ray

P.S Just measured my 41 mint Maltby and the forearm measures about the same as the Trials and looks the same. They may have added more meat/wood to later rifle stocks, Ray

IMG_0500.JPG
    Last edited by rayg; 01-02-2016 at 10:53.

I had it backwards. Thanks Ray. Hopefully somebody else has more on that little detail.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

I knew what you meant...