Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    +1

This subject has come up before here and someone posted about using the SS pins. I too have used this and find it to be best by far. They can be bought on ebay and are also good for polishing the primer pockets w/o plugging the flash hole. 2 downsides though. You have to use them in a rotory tumbler due to the weight of the pins + the soapy water---will not work in a vibrator type cleaner. The other is they leave no coating or protection against tarnishing. You may want to finish them off (after cleaning with the ss pins) in a tumbler with a little NuFinish car wax along with the corn cob. Like Joe mentioned above, watch out for chemicals containing ammonia.
    I have an RCBS Sidewinder rotary tumbler I bought around 1990 when it was $125 instead of north of $400 today. When I started with the pins, I learned the friction fit cap would blow off using Dawn. I scratched my head and went with Cascade. Works great! Lemi-Shine automatic dishwasher supplement is what I use for polish. It works great!

I bought the SS pins early on when the manufacturer still sold them 5# at a time. Now it's 35#. Me and some pals did a group buy and were happy they came in seven 5# bags! I rhink rhe name is Stainless Steel Media Corporation.

The size commonly used is .041"d. I have had problems with two of these wedged in the flash hole. I have heard some are going to the next size up to fix that problem.

Before I stray too far off topic, if you are wet tumbling, use Lemi-Shine for polish. It just takes a couple tea spoons per batch.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

2. Default

I've used Flitz. I think I got it from Midway. Works fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Anthony View Post
    It is a fact that ammonia weakens brass. One who uses a product that weakens their brass is quite weak in the brain department as well. If you want to polish your cartridge brass use polish that is safe to use on cartridge brass. I get so tired of people being cheap and stupid wben trying to save pennies when in reality they are destroying their expensive brass. Before you use anything to clean and polish, read on the label what the product contains. If you don't understand, stop what you are doing and seek medical help.
    Matt
    Sir > The only way that Brasso will weaken brass is if you soak it in brasso for an extended period of time. I've been reloading various calibers in excess of 30 years using corn cob media and brasso the entire time . Not one time have I had reloaded brass fail .
    Your ignorant comments are degrading and offensive to say the least. I am not cheap nor am I stupid. Based on the weapons and cost involved I don't think any member on here is cheap or stupid. If a member on here wants to use Brasso. SO WHAT! He doesn't need you or your derogatory comments.

You can get any kind of media you want here, steel pin, ball bearings, ceramic, corn cob, walnut, and lots more...and cheapest place I have found... www.kramerindustriesonline.com
    He who beats his sword into a plowshare, will soon be plowing for somebody else!