Default U.S. Martial .22RF Rifles by Thomas D. Batha

Anyone familiar with this book who can provide a critical assessment? Any info about the work or the author would be greatly appreciated. 104 pages with 63 photos. Published June 1, 2000
    "We were winning when I left." 415 days RVN '66-'67. OFC

U.S. Martial .22RF Rifles by Thomas D. Batha is available from Amazon for $14. For that price it is a good buy if you are interested in US military 22RF rifles. It is more of an expanded pamphlet than a book that has basic information on many 22 rifles. The pictures could be better but for the price ($14), It is a good book. If you have any interest in this book purchase it now. It may not be available for forever at that price. Amazon customers reviews are available at http://www.amazon.com/Martial-22RF-R.../dp/1880677164

Ernie Guest

Its a good book that gives a fairly brief sketch (info) on the US .22 rifles. It is the only book I have seen that has the information on each model in it. More of a beginning research book, likely great for id'ing something you may find in the loose. GWP is right on, at $14 its a no brainer. I paid more for it than that and consider it a useful book.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Its a good book that gives a fairly brief sketch (info) on the US .22 rifles. It is the only book I have seen that has the information on each model in it. More of a beginning research book, likely great for id'ing something you may find in the loose. GWP is right on, at $14 its a no brainer. I paid more for it than that and consider it a useful book.
    +1 on price,

good book to have, and just a basic book, no detailed info, just models and types sort of stuff,

Pretty much what I thought, so I ordered it. Thanks for the input. Also ordered Army TM 9-280.
    "We were winning when I left." 415 days RVN '66-'67. OFC