Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Still raining, 3 rd day.

It's still raining for the third day so I can't go to the range to shoot. Everything will be wet. I'm having withdrawl. This is like the rainny season monsoons. I need about 3 months with no rain or snow or ice.

If you want to up it to about 11-1/2 months , move down here to Yuma .
    Chris

Wouldn't mind doing that but family lives here.

Look on the bright side, you don't have to shovel rain.

Well , it rained a bit here last night . Cold snap then formed a layer of ice over the windshield and glued the wipers in place , causing the blades to rip off when turned on . Didn't know how I was going to get to work ( don't have any ice scrapers ) , but then I remembered the defroster setting on the AC , that worked .
    Chris

We got 1/2" of freezing rain followed by 2" of snow last week. Ya can't shovel off 1/2" of ice! My range time in Winter is usually zero because of single digit temps.

My range time in summer drops to AM only because of triple digit temps !
    Right now we can go AM or PM or somedays BOTH .
    Well , not today , raining again .
    Joem , I'z beginning to think you cursed us .
    Chris

Day five and we can see sky ! The last four days was constant on-off drizzle . I think we only ended up with 6-7 / 10s of an inch , but with a yearly adv. of 3 to 3-1/2 , it's a bit . More is expected in a week or so .
    Chris

Now, no rain but 5 above with wind. Way too cold to be at the outside range. Come on spring time.

Cleared up Thurs. night , dried out Friday , went shooting most of Sat. until dark . Fine , shirt only weather till sundown , very little wind .
    Shot a KSG . Federal Tactical OO kicked too much for 13 in-a-row . The Aguila minis were kinda wimpy . The Noble Sport 2-1/4 OO were just right . Do wish they'd make a smaller pellet size load with a 12-ish count . Six is a little thin even if it is OO .
    Had a new-to-me early 1991 Colt .45 . Worked perfectly and shot to point of aim . Had pachymer grip on it , changed out to Diamond / checkered Cocobolos .
    Had a new 1991 I bought in Dec. , it shot a little low , replaced the rear sight with a sightmount , shoots just a tad high now . Installed a Burris Fastfire III on a winged base . Gun functioned fine with the extra weight , but the sight sooted up in no time . Moving the sight back one notch allowed about 50 shots before it blackened up . Did tend to want to blow the protective cover off , though .
    Also took out a fairly new Browning 1911 380 . I had shot it with Win white box FMJ and it functioned fine . This time I went out with a second mag I had picked up and samples of Ruger ARX , Federal Hydra-shok , and Winchester Defend . The first two functioned fine and grouped with the FMJ from before . The Win , however , grouped poorly and jamed 4 times in 25 rounds .
    Also tested out a bunch of Chip McCormic 8 and 10 rd. .45 mags as well as a Taylor 28 round drum . All functioned fine .

All in all , a fine day out .
    Chris