1. Default Springfield model 1922 m2 rare find!!!!

Hi to all and Merry Christmas. I believe to have found a mint M2 locally. Everything about the rifle seems to be correct. I have Brophy's book on the Springfield 1903 as a reference. Does not seem to be refinished or rebuilt. The condition is incredible. I was told that the bluing on the floorplate was weaker resulting in the current finish. Bore is bright and shiny. Traded a 629 no dash P&R plus 500 in cash for this one. Need some help on dating this rifle. Brophy's book does not show production dates by serial number. Only the amount of M2 rifles that were made each year from 1933 to 1942. I'm thinking 1942. Check out the pics and let me know the forum's opinion. I will try to posts as many pics as possible. Thanks to all.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Default

More pics.

3. Default

Just read the previous thread on the M1. It appears as if you add up the production numbers as per Brohy's book, puts the rifle as being produced sometime in 1942. With the serial number at 10012. Again, this rifle seems unmolested. The floorplate actually looks better in real view.

4. Default

Added pics of bolt trough or well showing bright finish. Also serial number electro penciled picture in between bolt halves matching receiver.

Blog Entries

I agree that you have a rare find. I can't really see from the photos, at least as they show on my monitor, if the rifle has the black parkerizing from the 1930's. The bolt channel being in the white is an indication of original finish. My M2 Rifle number 10514 has the black parkerizing and a 7-37 barrel. Congratulations on finding a fine rifle.

6. Default

Here is mine. It isn't as nice as yours, but it shoots like a dream.

IMG_0545-2.jpgIMG_0558small-1.jpgIMG_0557-1.JPG
    Last edited by LAH; 12-29-2015 at 08:33.

7. Default

It a black parkerizing finish. The bolt channel is in the white.

The rifle has the black parkerizing with a barrel date 6-37. The bolt channel in the white. Serial number 10112. What would the current market value be on this rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Herschel View Post
    I agree that you have a rare find. I can't really see from the photos, at least as they show on my monitor, if the rifle has the black parkerizing from the 1930's. The bolt channel being in the white is an indication of original finish. My M2 Rifle number 10514 has the black parkerizing and a 7-37 barrel. Congratulations on finding a fine rifle.

I'm looking for one for my collection.
    "We were winning when I left." 415 days RVN '66-'67. OFC

Wonderful m2

Mine is a SA rebuild.....but beggers can't be choosers....I'll take any M2 in a pinch.