Question FAL stock question

Hi,
    I picked up a restored L1A1 stock to put on my all Imbel FAL because I read that it would fit. But, some say not. Anyone know if I need a Metric, Izzy or L1A1 front ferrule?
    One post said any would do and another said some carving would make the Izzy ferrule fit. I found an Izzy regular stock and Ferrule, but I don't like the blonde color. As they are getting scarce, I wouldn't want to refinish it. Thank goodness for Romy AK's - you can do most anything a lot cheaper than on an FAL.
    Thanks,
    Dave

N.E. New Jersey, west of the 'gorllia' building.

I would think your Imbel lower receiver is metric. The upper receiver on mine is marked L1A1, but other than the cut for the folding cocking handle is the same as the metric ones. The real L1A1 lower has a tail on the end that is not on metric lower receivers. Century - Imbel L1A1 complete, except for carry handle..jpg

Thanks. My Imbel is indeed all metric. If I use the L1A1 butt stock, I'll need to do something about the length as it is a "short". Long butt pads are pricey so I may try to adapt the plastic butt pad. I saw a Rhody rubber long one but $60 on top of all the $ in the rifle is over the top as I have other projects going (returning a Win. P17 to all Win. parts).