Default 03-A3NM in SRS books

Hello all and Merry Christmas, would there be any listings for the a3's converted to NM rifles in the SRS books? Thanks, Jim

IIRC, there was an attempt to upgrade A3's to NM standards. Not aware that it was finalized. Probably the development of the M-1 for NM use made such development for the A3 irrelevant. JMHO. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

3. Default

I think these would have been Remington M1903's, but I have never heard of a Remington M1903NM:

3219622 NM 08/16/51 US Mission To Costa Rica
    3260852 NM 08/16/51 US Mission To Costa Rica

Check Brophy, Campbell, and others. It was tried but not considered successful. The rifles above are both Remington M1903s.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

There are none listed in my books.

Mike

Thanks for checking Mike, the only info iv'e found is that they were sold by the old DCM after being processed thru Raritan, but serial numbers seem to be very elusive. Jim

Something like 200 of them... couldn't use stripper clips because the rear sight covered the clip notches????

a few were built up
    Attached Images Attached Images
    if it aint broke...fix it till it finally is.

this one had the sale ticket with it... is a SC
    Attached Images Attached Images
    if it aint broke...fix it till it finally is.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Randy A View Post
    Something like 200 of them... couldn't use stripper clips because the rear sight covered the clip notches????
    That's what I remember in an American Rifleman pamphlet on the 1903s.

It seems like if the sight was moved far enough back to clear the clip guide, the bolt wouldn't operate.

I thought it was 50, but I could be wrong. I don't remember what they did with these 03A3s.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur