Default Winchester steel cased ammo

Has anyone seen/tried the Winchester steel cased 9mm ammo? I wonder if this is a project that began when copper and other commodities were so high.

http://www.winchester.com/Products/h...ges/WIN9S.aspx

This has to be something that has come out of Winchesters use of S&B to make some of their ammo for them. I am sure they are looking at what inroads the Russian steel cased ammo has made and want a piece of the action. I have noticed that in general almost all of the Winchester ammo line is quite a bit higher priced then any of the other makers and this may be a way to help make them competitive again? But I have found that some of my pistols will function with steel case and others become JamOmatics and do not function at all with it.

I'm not surprised that Win. is feeling it now. For what ever reason and it really doesn't matter now Win like some other American makers decided to not respond in any way to the needs of the civilian population here. In the mean time the foreign makers did respond and in a pretty significant way, the end result is that the foreign makers made big gains in the American market. American makers wont get it back either it's gone to them. I can buy Geco 9mm Luger 124 gr. 50 round boxes for 10.99 per bx, why in hell would I want to go back to Win? so I can pay more for range ammo, not gonna happen. Win. made the same stupid decisions with their ammo and components as they made with their guns. I will probably buy 2 boxes of their cheap line of this steel stuff one to shoot and the other to save so I can show the grand kids or someone what they used to make before they went out of business. Remington and Federal aren't far behind Win. their day is coming.
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH

leftyo Guest

winchester ammunition and winchester firearms arent even the same company.

I am sure he was referring to when Winchester was the same company for both rifle and ammo. Then the company started making their rifles as cheap as possible to make more money and it didn't end well for them.

I bought quite a bit of it. Reports are divided, about half saying it shoots fine, the rest that it has various problems cycling. It'll be a couple days until I can get to the range with it.