1. Default Weaver 330 Cross Hairs Repair Question

I have 2 Weaver 330 scopes. One has nice bluing, but the cross hairs are gone. The other has good cross hairs, but the finish is rusty in many places. I would like to know how to remove the cross hairs from one scope and install them in the scope with nice bluing. I have not been able to locate any scope dis-assembly information on this scope.

try looking up, Dan in NY, on this form he used to work on the scopes with no gas.

Another source for repair and refinishing:
    http://ironsightinc.com/index.php?route=common/weaver

Exploded views and disassembly/reassembly instructions for the 330 are available on line for your information. Given the way the scope is constructed I don't recommend getting in side it. PM me for the link.

Regards,
    Jim

4. Default

Hi jgaynor,
    Thanks for the tips. Can you give me the link to the disassembly/reassembly instructions?

Sent a PM. Not sure if the link will work going thru PM. If not PM me with your regular email.

Jim

A while back on the CMP forum I got some .0005 tungsten wire for fixing them from 218bee. I think he still has some, sells it in 10 foot lengths.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    I have 2 Weaver 330 scopes. One has nice bluing, but the cross hairs are gone. The other has good cross hairs, but the finish is rusty in many places. I would like to know how to remove the cross hairs from one scope and install them in the scope with nice bluing. I have not been able to locate any scope dis-assembly information on this scope.
    There is a guy that goes by the handle of Tokiwartooth on the forums. He may be the same person that K arga mentioned as he also lives in new york. Anyway, he works at home in his spare time and does everything including re-bluing and anodizing. I know your request was for dis-re assembly instructions. but it may be a good idea to contact him. You may end up with 2 Weaver 330's so you can sell one to me!