1. Default WTB Mossberg US 44 magazines

Hello All- Looking for serviceable 7 round .22 caliber magazines for a Mossberg U S 44 .22 rifle. These do not have to be in "as new" condition. I will even take ones in need of repair. Let me know if you have anything like that collecting dust in your gun cabinet. Thanks, Bill

Very hard to find originals and will usually sell in 50-100 range. Repro are available and they work but are not the correct type, as they have the .22 short pin option. These were never available on the target rifles, only the sporters. e-mail vic@havlinsales.com They are scarce because CMP sold the rifles W/O the mags. The Navy never used them and sold for scarp.
    You can never go home again.

3. Default

Dave, Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. Damn shame they were scrapped by the Navy!! Bill

Havlin's at one time got hold of a barrel full of mags. Most in bad condition. They figured it was some that missed the scrap man. They sold out quickly. Don't know where they came from.

Check with the folks on rim fire central mossberg forum,they sometimes have them stashed and may part with them.

In the latest Moss collector club News letter, the repro's are no longer being made. However Vic has contacted with another company and they are in process of making more, have a proto type made for testing. Its now a matter of getting machine time and how many to order. These smaller companies do not set up to make them continually but run off an order and go on to other things. How many to order is up to Vic so the more requests he gets the more he is apt to order, he does not want to be stuck with them. I have a couple repro's and they work fine, if aged a little you would not tell them from original. Don't know what price will be on new ones, the more made- the cheaper, I imagine.

If you are not familiar with Vic., he is a Moss parts dealer and Pres. of the Moss. Collectors Assoc. In the meantime check e-bay but be warned repros are often sold as original.