1. Default Christmas Preasant for my kid

Looking for a little help from the folks here on the forum. I've been out of the gun market for while now and am looking
    for a .22 for my son for Christmas. Ideally I'd like a nice Colt Woodsman but I dont wanna drop a ton of cash.
    Can anyone recommend a decent auto pistol for a 16 year old kid?

Thanks,

Raggs

Ruger .22 auto.

3. Default

Thank you Jim.

Ruger Mk. I, II or III, Browning Buckmark. If you have a 1911 pistol, a Marvel .22 LR conversion unit is absolutely excellent.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

+1 to that. I have a Mark II (now called Mark III) and have always loved it.
    "In God We Trust"

When I was 16 I would have wanted a Ruger Single Six (heck, 50 years later I'd still like a Single Six!). For a young person today though, I suppose a semi-auto might be more appealing and I have to admit the Ruger Mk II/III is a lot of fun to shoot.
    "They've took the fun out of running the race. You never see a campfire anywhere. There's never any time for visiting." - Joe Redington Sr., 1997

7. Default

Thanks Guys. When Jim replied with Ruger, I honestly didnt even consider or REMEMBER them. But I settled on a Ruger 22/45 frame.
    5.5" barrel. Checked some out at the local gunshops, like the balance. Adjustable sights, easy to clean, and he can learn to break it down, to a degree.

Gonna be a Merry Christmas for him. Thanks again.

Raggs

+1 on ruger. They shoot well and priced right.