Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Syrian Mauser

1. Default Syrian Mauser

I glommed a Syrian Mauser at an online sale recently. There were only a few pictures and a slim description...but nobody was interested so I got it dirt cheap.

Description advised

SYRIAN MODEL M.48 BOLT ACTION MAUSER RIFLE, 8mm Mauser caliber, 23 1/4" barrel, blued finish, hardwood military stock and hand guard, adjustable rear sight, bayonet lug, metal butt plate, import marked "K98 YUGO 8MM", Syrian crest, serial #V48977
    Last edited by Calfed; 12-05-2015 at 06:11.
    ...a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place...

Blog Entries

Looks good. How much did you pay?
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PhillipM View Post
    Looks good. How much did you pay?
    $90, plus a 17% "buyer premium"--call it $105

Blog Entries

Good price! I'm not familiar with these, but it seems you have a rare rifle in the US.
    http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...oslavian-M48BO
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

5. Default

Thanks for the link, Phil.

I've been on the lookout for a Syrian for a while now. A few years back I got an Iraqi M48 with the Hashemite crest on it. This is a good companion piece.

Man, Syria wasn't even a country until after the Great War, and then it was a French "protectorate." I'm surprised the French let them have guns at all, let alone a non-French arm in a non-French caliber. Is it a VZ?

jn

7. Default

It is a Yugo M48

8. Default

That wood looks just like the wood on mine. A very oily very hard wood. Mine is known as a Mystery Mauser, no crest and definitley not scrubbed. First seen in Syria during the Syrian crisis.
    Fred Pillot
    Captain
    San Jose Zouaves

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pillot View Post
    That wood looks just like the wood on mine. A very oily very hard wood. Mine is known as a Mystery Mauser, no crest and definitley not scrubbed. First seen in Syria during the Syrian crisis.
    How's the bore on yours, Fred?

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pillot View Post
    Probably a M48BO. They are Yugoslavian pretty much identical to the marked M48 rifles. The BO stands for Bez Ozneke(spelling?) which means "without markings" in Serbo-Croat. Made specifically for export to countries that perhaps they were not supposed to supply arms to.