Default Any body here a M-1 Carbine collector

I was in Cullman AL on Monday and stopped into a pawn shop so my bro-in law could look at their crossbows. while he was doing that, I asked if they had any Milsurp rifles for sale. I was looking for bubbaized Mausers and such. He trotted out the usual crop of Moisins plus his prize Yugo SKS. When I said, "is that all?" He looked around and dusted off a piece buried under the pile. It was a Saginaw M-1 Carbine. I looked it over... but the problem is I don't know Jack about carbines. Plus, I am way out of state and couldn't buy it anyway.

Bottom line, the stock had been spray painted black... but the stamps looked right. All in all there was not much finish remaining. The tag said $795... the owner indicated he would sell for less in cash. I may be wrong, but Saginaw carbines are not commonly found in pawn shops and the going price on the auction sites are $1,000 plus. This rifle may be a real find... or not.

If you are interested... Sorry I don't remember the name of the shop but there are only 2 -3 pawn shops in Cullman AL.

If you are a carbine collector and live in AL... It would be worth a look.
    Last edited by RED; 12-02-2015 at 08:25.

That's not a bad price but no steal either. Too bad you can't remember the name of the place. If you had a C&R you might have dickered the price down and bought it. If you remember the name PM me.

Red, I think you can buy it legally. Just a yellow sheet as usual if I'm not mistaken... I thought they'd changed the law to allow people to buy long guns in other states some years back... correct me if I'm wrong... make sure it's not an import... offer him $400 out the door...if you can get it....
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

"...stock had been spray painted black..." That'd drop the value significantly. Plus you'd need to know whose parts it has. Anyway, the place for Carbine study is here.
    http://www.bavarianm1carbines.com/rifles.html
    Spelling and grammar count!

Being out of state does not prevent legally purchasing any firearm you can own in your home state. Simply bargain, pay the man, and arrange for a FFL in your home town to receive the firearm for you. It costs you the shipping and the transfer cost in home town, but works fine.

6. Default

From the BATF's Question & Answer page.

May an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA in any State?

Generally, a person may only acquire a firearm within the person’s own State. Exceptions include the acquisition pursuant to a lawful bequest, or an over–the–counter acquisition of a rifle or shotgun from a licensee where the transaction is allowed by the purchaser’s State of residence and the licensee’s State of business. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

[18 U.S.C 922(a)(3); 27 CFR 478.29]