Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

looks good, one thing that scares heck out of me is buying an auction receiver and finding that the scres that had been drilled by a drunken organ grinders monkey. done four of these and so far (knock on wood) has yet to happen. all the holes were drilled correctly and proper tap had been done. i get pretty good money when i uload them and they all shoot sub MOA at 100. with custom ammo

what is fun is testing and shooting against some guy that has a real hot high dollar 300 magnum and can not get sub minute and ur there with a plain old 1003 A4gery
    Last edited by pelago; 12-06-2015 at 10:45.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by pelago View Post
    looks good, one thing that scares heck out of me is buying an auction receiver and finding that the scres that had been drilled by a drunken organ grinders monkey. done four of these and so far (knock on wood) has yet to happen. all the holes were drilled correctly and proper tap had been done. i get pretty good money when i uload them and they all shoot sub MOA at 100. with custom ammo

what is fun is testing and shooting against some guy that has a real hot high dollar 300 magnum and can not get sub minute and ur there with a plain old 1003 A4gery
    Thanks, pelago.

I do worry about what kind of job was done on the drill and tap. Hoping for the best.

I've got several Mausers that shoot about 1 moa or a little better. One is a Persian and the other is an '09 Argentine

On a recent trip to the range to check the zero on these rifles, the Persian shot a .9 MOA 5 shot group at 300 yards and the Argentine wasn't far behind...

...a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place...

Nice going C.F. I just picked up a sporterised 03A3 last week, waiting for it to get out of jail. Best part is only the stock ha been cut down, no drill and tap. Looks like 90% original park finish. Have all parts to return to military configuration. When I get it together we can go to the range and try it out. See u around. Ron P.S. ?Nice Mausers.
    Last edited by Rone; 12-16-2015 at 10:01.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rone View Post
    Nice going C.F. I just picked up a sporterised 03A3 last week, waiting for it to get out of jail. Best part is only the stock ha been cut down, no drill and tap. Looks like 90% original park finish. Have all parts to return to military configuration. When I get it together we can go to the range and try it out. See u around. Ron P.S. ?Nice Mausers.
    Thanks, Ron! Great find on the 03A3. Putting it back into military configuration could be a lot of fun. Shooting it afterwards could be even more fun.

Before and after on my recent 03A3 sporter purchase.
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Default

Damn, Ron. That is a great transformation! Post a range report when you get a chance.

7. Default

The sported 03A3 arrived at my FFL and I started the 10 day "cooling off" period. It is a Remington , s/n 418xxxx. It is excellent shape, and looks like a good prospect for the "A4gery treatment".

One thing I hadn't noticed...the barrel is really short. I didn't measure it, but probably around 17 or 18". Bet the muzzle blast on that one is impressive.

You need help.......We need help.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rone View Post
    You need help.......We need help.
    LOL...there is no help for what ails us

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    Don't get all of this. I have an original A4 and a repro and both are crap as a sniper rifle. Those who have made these things have made junk. I have been lucky to own and fire 7 different WW2 sniper rifles and I will not bother to fire an A4 again. My favorite rifle now is a AR15 heavy barrel, with a trigger job and Leatherwood bullet drop compensating scope. With a Federal Gold Medal 69 grain round, it is 1 MOA at 300 yards and can hit any military target out to 600. Of course it does not hit that hard at 600. Did not mean to insult anyone.
    only 1MOA? and scoped?
    get some irons and learn the positions, and see what a good AR will do,

and comparing apples to oranges,

I have an 03 that shoots better than 3/4 MOA regularly at 100, no bedding, nothing special, just a mid 30's 03 and a scant stock (surely a replacement) and AP USGI type ammo,