Thread: Feg pa-63

Blog Entries

Default Feg pa-63

I have a Hungarian PA-63 S/N L 024XXX; is there any way to find when it was made? I ask because I believe the early alum. alloy frames were relatively soft. Sometime later titanium was added to the alloy to make it harder and stand up to the slide battering the frame. Any help is appreciated.

Is there any known current factory or surplus importer of these? I'm completely unfamiliar on them...You might ask over on Gun Talk board here... or even the service pistol page... both get way more traffic than this board does....I'd never heard of an alloy of aluminum & titanium... don't know if it is even possible... but even Colt & Smith & Wesson had problems with aluminum receivers in handguns... both revolvers & semi-autos...good luck to you... back 30-50 years ago we loved the good European surplus guns too...long arms & side arms both.
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

Blog Entries

Thanks Gimp, I'll do that. I appreciate your responses over the years. I'm listed as a junior member, but I've been following Jouster for 20 years.